How does one get a Christian Artist Signed?

Moderator: mdjmarketing

liftfm

How does one get a Christian Artist Signed?

Post by liftfm » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:08 pm

I own a radio station network located in New Jersey and have been in contact with one of the most incredible Christian Artists to come into the Christian scene in ages.

The last time I was that impressed with a song was when I heard "Haven't Met You Yet" by Michael Buble.

I called several labels and their response has been lackluster.

Then called my friend Scott Huie at H20 Artist Agency.. Now Scott doesn't own a record label but he does represent the Newsboys. Scott told me, "He's the Real Deal".

I do not represent the singer but I feel the Lord has compelled me to help him. Any advice is appreciated.

nardMuffin

Re: How does one get a Christian Artist Signed?

Post by nardMuffin » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:31 am

There can be more money and/or success in not being signed to a label. Why so intent on being "signed"?

steveo

Post by steveo » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:12 pm

Why not try the independent route? There's a company that has a booklet on how to get air play.
http://www.discmakers.com/request/Speci ... ochure.asp

I don't work for this company and I'm not getting paid to post this. I just thought it would help you.

kemoSnake

Post by kemoSnake » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:32 pm

It's been a while, but I'd have to agree. If a distribution outlet were to open up at some point, great. But most any artist is better off staying independent and owning everything himself, herself or themselves. All the best!