Dove Nominees

Moderator: mdjmarketing

nardMuffin

Dove Nominees

Post by nardMuffin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:51 am

So I see the next batch of Dove nominees are coming out this week? Will there be any surprises or just the same old, same old?

Really I haven't thought much about it. Just like I haven't thought much about GMA Week. I didn't renew GMA membership so I'm not even voting. (Will that give me the right to say whatever I want or do I have to sit back and take the nominees as they come?)

lawPro

Re: Dove Nominees

Post by lawPro » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:40 am

you can say whatever you want to say and i'm sure you will. i think i'm looking forward to your commentary, nardmuffin.

nardMuffin

Post by nardMuffin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:22 pm

yes, a fan!

til tomorrow...

jaqchapman

Post by jaqchapman » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:26 pm

Yeah, go ahead and say whatever you want but please, try to be nice. :)

nardMuffin

Post by nardMuffin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:50 am

OK, nominees. Looks pretty standard.

I like that Mikeschair is up for Song of the Year with "Let the Waters Rise." But where is Matthew West? Kind of surprised that "The Motions" isn't on there. Wasn't that a big song last year?

Male Vocalist - yep, Jeremy Camp and Brandon Heath are there, per usual. I just wish Bebo Norman would win one. I wish Matt Maher would have been nominated - and "Alive Again" for that matter.

You know what? I have no complaints on Group or Artist of the Year. I love the diversity. And if I were voting, Needtobreathe all the way!

lawPro

Post by lawPro » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:59 am

I like that in recent years the Doves have extended the number of nominees to include more genres with CCM - it's nice to see Gospel and Southern Gospel more represented in the final list of nominees. Too bad it took them so long to figure it out what with all the trouble GMA has seen in recent months.