Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home

Moderator: mdjmarketing

jaqchapman

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home

Post by jaqchapman » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:30 am

This song and video has now come up a few times in conversation this past week. I'm not a Country music fan but I watched the video and would admit that Carrie and her people are on to something. :) But I also wondered is the song as moving by itself or do the images of the video make it more so?

Here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_SR3BlsmH4

Anyone in the Christian radio world considering this song for airplay? One of my conversations was with something who did think it was moving enough to add to their list (we'll see if it happens).

lawPro

Re: Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home

Post by lawPro » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:11 am

Man, Carrie can act! I was boo-hooing at the hospital scene.

Powerful song.

nardMuffin

Post by nardMuffin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:21 am

I guess if Country can play Point of Grace, we can play Carrie.

jaqchapman

Post by jaqchapman » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:42 am

My dad is a wise man and he once told me that rolling your eyes is a sign of disloyalty (to your fellow man). But I still can't resist, nardMuffin. Insert rolling eyes here. ;)

dawnyzoom

Post by dawnyzoom » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:36 pm

I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it and that was long before the video came out! It made me cry then and often still does. I thought as soon as I heard it that it would be great for Christian radio.

wbhiggins

Post by wbhiggins » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:30 am

Have heard the song and seen the video, multiple times for both. Think it is absolutely great. Her team is really on to something here. They tried something new and different and it works. I think it works for Christian radio and Country Radio as well. The girl has made an outstanding video to to with what I consider an outstanding song. Kudos to her and her team.

kemoSnake

Post by kemoSnake » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:42 am

I would love our station to play it (Christian). I think the song is great but the video adds so much. Would be great to include that through a website in addition to the adding the song. I agree with what's been said: Carrie's team is onto something.