WAY FM Having Financial Troubles?

Moderator: mdjmarketing

nuzehound

WAY FM Having Financial Troubles?

Post by nuzehound » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:28 pm

According to sources at other websites, it seems the top-drawer CCM network and its stations are having financial troubles. Donna Cruz, the network's midday talent, was recently let go. To quote the network manager; "Due to budget cuts at WAY FM, air personality Donna Cruz's full-time salaried position has been eliminated..." Earlier this year WAY FM cut loose an engineer and their CFO. In the last year, approximately a dozen staff members at either the corporate office or at O and O stations across the country were also shown the door. It seems the economy is still effecting Christian radio in America. Maybe now is not a good time to try and land a job with WAY FM.

kemoSnake

Re: WAY FM Having Financial Troubles?

Post by kemoSnake » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:50 am

Doesn't sound like they're likely to be hiring soon, eh?

The picture you paint of WAY-FM is not very hopeful (and I wonder if people at WAY-FM would be so doom and gloom) but how many other companies in other sectors of business look the same way these days? Though I hear stories from plenty of other "listener-supported" stations around the country that are doing OK despite this tough economic times. And to target only Christian radio as hurting isn't quite fair either.

nuzehound

Post by nuzehound » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:34 pm

The economy plays no favorites, and targets no formats in particular. This kind of story is going on at many stations all across America. Targeting? No, I don't think so, just reporting the facts. Let's hope the economy gets better real soon so WAY FM does better financially and is able to hire all the people they need. For now, they are indeed struggling, at least that's the story from informed sources. I'm hoping the economy gets better very soon so many out of work radio people can once again get work.

liftfm

Post by liftfm » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:55 pm

I find Way-FM to be incredible network. They have hosts that are truly unique.

I believe in the end they will be fine.

How is K-Love weathering the storm?

nardMuffin

Post by nardMuffin » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:32 am

Read the news - EMF is buying something all the time.