Radio's not so bad.. the game has just changed..

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
champoux

Re: Radio's not so bad.. the game has just changed..

Post by champoux » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:03 pm

Radio is not the "tribal drum" anymore, true, but if it is such a weak medium it would have died 10 or 15 years ago. Yes to deeper cuts - but also 'play the hits'. Yes to rising bands - but showcase them. Yes to show prep, but relate it to the listener and make it personal. Local is key, and there is no way possible to make that happen with someone not living there. Oh, and VT's are fine - but be sure someone's there to answer the phone (hearing screams of laughter from programmers young and old here).
dm.quackerbacker@gmail.com

calvingordon

Post by calvingordon » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:22 am

Old school) Not up to date

kayburton89

Post by kayburton89 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:12 am

I think radio is more for traveling in a car or a bus. For the home, there are other ways to listen to music. Although it depends on the goal and the mood. If you do business in the yard, you take out the receiver and listen to music in the fresh air.

iamda

Post by iamda » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:39 pm

Maybe if iHeart would take a look at some of the seven figure salaries it gives executives and some of the seven figure and upper six figure salaries it gives select air talent and start slashing a bit here and there on those maybe some local jock who's making $30,000 a year could keep their job. I guarantee some of those desk jockeys in New York and some of their syndicated talent would miss 30 grand a whole lot less than the guy who is now in the soup line.....but then that would REALLY be a painful and difficult choice for the brass to make and not just words they type to not seem like total heartless and out of touch morons. And for the record I am not a bitter ex-iHeart employee. I can just do simple math.

kayburton89

Post by kayburton89 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:07 am

All this sounds good, but do you understand that it is extremely difficult to go against the existing system? Including in matters of financing, income distribution, etc.

nice_shot_man

Post by nice_shot_man » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:18 pm

I can't believe people are still using the argument of "Voice Tracking does not equal compelling radio"