Stern Admits Talking To Terrestrial Radio

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
jdenver

Stern Admits Talking To Terrestrial Radio

Post by jdenver » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:08 pm

Is Sirius XM star Howard Stern returning to terrestrial radio? Hear Stern's own words while on-air with Bubba The Love Sponge. Check the story on AllAccess.com and here at Digg.com http://bit.ly/58kMYz

tamparadioboi

Re: Stern Admits Talking To Terrestrial Radio

Post by tamparadioboi » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:19 am

I was wondering if Howard does go to Clear Channel. Do you think CC would drop the suit against Bubba? Or would Howard force Clear Channel's hand to drop the suit? Either way if he goes does this mean Bubba will have to leave COX radio?

pbergin

Post by pbergin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:10 pm

Bottom line... who cares?

Howard's act is yesterday's news. He's lost his edge, and his relevance. I know of no one... not one single person... who listens to him on satellite. If he comes back to terrestrial, what will he morph into? There are now any number of first rate morning shows, in markets across the country that can kick his ass. He sounds tired, and out of touch.

Neither of my sons (one's 28 the other 25) would listen to radio until the past year or so. They've been listening to Elliott in the Morning now. He's funny, likable, relevant and local. If Howard were to clear here in DC, I'll bet Elliott would stomp his ass into the ground. His audience has moved on.

The satellite move was great for Howard's wallet, not so much for his career. I don't think he can pull it off again.

winterwest

Post by winterwest » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:31 pm

Yaaaawwwwwnnnnn......
Sorry Howard, prepubescent boys, (or those who think and act like them) can turn just about anywhere and hear talk of titties and testicles these days, and that's pretty much all you've got to offer.

allenh

Post by allenh » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:12 am

You haven't heard a peep from Stern in years...Now that the contract is up, terrestrial radio wants him back, American Idol wants him, TV wants him....he's JUST like an athlete in the contract year

teckstuff

Post by teckstuff » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Howard was a great pioneer of shock radio. I agree that boobies and small penises are yesterday's radio. No one wants to hear that now. (disclaimer: guys will always look at boobies though!)

If he can create a "real" show, he should come back to terrestrial radio. Long before the first satellite was launched, I predicted that suscription satellite radio would never last.